The 14ft Aventus Distance Feeder is designed for casting super long range, punching out heavy feeders, and controlling them on extreme and fast flowing rivers.
Like all the Aventus range, the rod is made to full Tackle Guru specifications in Diawa’s renowned UK facilities, which enabled the team at Guru to tweak and tailor the rod to exactly what we needed. The casting weight of the rod is a staggering 180g, suiting the very extremes of European and UK feeder fishing. To match this, the rod is supplied with Distance Tips in 2oz, 3oz and 5oz incorporating extra large distance guides - a step heavier than other rods to cater for the stepped-up nature of this tool.
Being 14ft, the rod is also three piece (like the 13ft Aventus), and comes supplied in a Neoprene bag. A key feature of the 14ft is the same top-spec Fuji Reverse K-Guides with Alconite Rings, but stepped-up further from the 13ft to compliment the blank. These are extra durable and oversized, allowing line, braid and shockleader knots to glide freely through them without frap-ups in any conditions!
The Zero-90 carbon technology is where performance really comes into play. This gives the rod longitudinal power, and by layering carbons from zero to 90 degrees at different parts of the blank, twist and torque is removed. In turn, there is less wobble and waver when the rod in under casting compression, retaining power for distance and giving anglers extreme accuracy! This carbon make-up also gives the rod incredible action for line control and bite detection on rivers, when fishing with the rod high-up to keep line out of the water. The solid blank is super sturdy, with all bite detection and movement in the tip.
The long handle further aids distance and power, giving anglers maximum leverage to compress the powerful blank much easier. Despite the power element to the rod, a key feature to all the Aventus range, especially the Distance tools, is that they have a playing action for all fish species. A lot of fishing in the UK and Europe is done on rivers and natural venues for bream and skimmers with this style of rod, so that progressive forgiveness enables anglers to fish sensible hooks and line to land all fish. There is still ample power for powerful fish like big barbel and carp, which is where the progressive through action kicks in.
• A very specialist tool designed primarily for distance casting and controlling feeders on Fast flowing rivers
• 180g casting weight
• 2oz, 3oz, 5oz carbon tips
• Three piece
• Neoprene bag
• Oversized reverse top-spec Fuji K-Guides
• Zero-90 technology and carbon - retaining power and aiding accuracy!
• Progressive through action
• Long handle (same length as 13ft) to provide maximum leverage to help compress the powerful blank with ease
• The perfect balance of power and playing action
• Can be used for big carp/barbel, down to catching small fish at range
• Powerful casting action yet a forging playing action
• The carbon makeup gives you maximum control even on fast flowing rivers, with great bite detection